Sunday, November 15, 2009

USO Events in November

Veteran’s Day Parade & Ceremony

Raleigh, NC

November 7, 2009

I was honored to ride alongside the USO of North Carolina for the Veteran’s Day Parade! Thank you Mr. Yates for the invitation!  Mr. Don Cooper was driving me in a beautiful 1950’s model Chevrolet convertible!  It was a classic car!  There was a lot of support for the Veterans, and the USO NC was great- I saw so many of my wonderful friends and dedicated USO volunteers there!  In honor of our Vets we rode and waved American and USO flags, we are also riding today in support of our service men and women who are fighting and serving our country, here and abroad.  We pray for their safety and their safe return home, to the home they are fighting for, America.  It was such a great day, beautiful weather, and to be alongside all of these amazing people, I felt so patriotic!  I love this country, and it was such an honor to be on stage during the Ceremony as well to help commemorate the lives of the fallen and the lives of the fighters and defenders of freedom.  I am forever grateful to our all of our men and women who have served our country.  They are true American heroes, and I simply cannot express how honored and blessed I felt to be a part of the Veteran’s Day Celebration, words cannot express my gratitude to all of them, past and present.  Thank you, so much. Then, I was lucky enough to go with my wonderful friends from the USO, Michael, Dawn, & Brinson to meet with the NC National Guard about a Christmas party for the kids of soldiers all over the state of NC!  I look forward to that event on December 5th! 

 

“I thank God for my life, for the stars and stripes, may freedom forever fly, let it reign.  Salute the ones who die, the ones who give their life, so we don’t have to sacrifice- we are forever grateful.” 

 

 

I have been keeping a journal, and writing about all of my amazing appearances and volunteer work, so Wednesday on Veteran’s day was my 100th appearance, I was going to travel to the Use’s flag raising ceremony and read for the USO flag in Raleigh; however, unfortunately Tropical Storm Ida hit our state and it poured rain!  I was unable to make the event because of flooding!  But I made up for missing the event by heading to the USO Variety Show on Saturday November 14, in Cary at the Koka Booth Amphitheater!  They had all kinds of acts-musical groups, bands, a Nashville star, the American Belles, a magician, and special demonstrations by the men and women there in uniform!  It was a great day!  I went on stage with the President of the USO NC and several great soldiers, and Miss NC MAO.  I wore my came high heels to go with the great looking camo jacket I got to get dressed up in!  The acts were great, but the best part was that I spent the day with all of my amazing USO friends!  I also got to play with some big guns and try on the equipment that these soldiers where everyday.  It really was amazing to see their gear up close, as well as hear from them how much they love our country, I couldn’t agree more-how could you not love this country!?!  Great music, great food, great company-including my favorite “little bro” Brinson!- all around it was another terrific day supporting the USO! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment