Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 19th, 2009

I was so honored to be a guest at the Wayne County Celebration for the Special Olympics of North Carolina!  The American Red Cross was there helping with the event along with hundreds of volunteers!  There were several thousand people there having such a great time!  My friend Ryan, and a world champion Special Olympics Athlete invited me to be a part of the celebration!  I joined the stage at the beginning with Mayor King of Goldsboro and COL. Kelly of Seymour Johnson Airforce Base!  It was such an honor to be introduced by my dear friend Ryan and his family as well as such a wonderful Pastor of Whitley Church (there in Goldsboro)!  After several great performances, I was asked to go on stage and speak about my platform, and encourage others there (like all the great volunteers at the event!) to go and volunteer to support amazing organizations like the SONC and the Red Cross!  I also was there to accept donations for the athletes, and I am so proud to say that they received over $5,000!  It was a great day, and I met so many wonderful new friends! Thank you Goldsboro for such a warm welcome and a fun celebration for a great cause!  

No comments:

Post a Comment