Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday, September 26, 2009

After all the homecoming festivities I drove to Raleigh with my parents for the first annual Opening Doors for Autism Society event for the Autism Society of NC.  It was great, the location was this beautiful house!  I met with the founders of opening doors gala for ASNC, and even made a bid on a silent auction item!  They had a great, amazing list of auction items!  Including:  golf packages, signed everything from the Carolina Hurricanes, NCSU, UNC NCAA Basketball Champions, Roy Williams, DUKE; Ballroom Dance Lessons; Spa Packages; artwork; paintings; a private shopping party and shopping spree; and a 7 series BMW sedan as well as a brand new motorcycle!  That was impressive!  All the proceeds went to benefit the Autism Society and will be used to promote opportunities and to provide support to the more than 50,000 people living with Autism in North Carolina.  I want to thank Kay and Tina for helping me get more involved with the events for this great cause, like the one Oct. 10th for the Annual Ribbon Run in Raleigh!  I was so honored to be there at this event, and I met so many wonderful people!  Thank you for all the volunteers at this event, the first annual Opening Doors for Autism Gala was a huge success!  

No comments:

Post a Comment