Sunday, March 15, 2009

About Me
















My Name is Julie Tesh, I am from Greensbor NC. I am 23 years old, and was crowned Miss North Carolina International 2009 on Feb. 28th 2009! My greatest accomplishment was being a White House Intern last year, I have done a lot of really cool things, but nothing will compare to my journey this year as Miss NC!!





I am a senior at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, a communication and Political Science major. I was a former Spartan Cheerleader and am currently involved with SGA (student government). I believe that education is very important and will be going back to school to get my masters when I graduate undergrad in December!! (yay*!) I love the international pageant system because it is a great way to promote my platform, which is advocating volunteerism! This system will really help me to make a difference!! I believe that we are all here to leave the world a better place than how we found it, what better way to do that then make an impact on someones life! There are so many ways to volunteer, all it takes is something that you are passionate about or just wanting to help with an organization or a project in your schools, neighborhoods or communities! I am currently working with Big Brothers/Big Sisters in GSO, Habitat, FRIENDS and other organizations in the future, I hope! I hope that my year as Miss North Carolina will be spent not just having fun, but making a difference in the lives of others around me! I love life, and I love my friends and family, I certainly wouldn't be there without their love and support! I believe in living this life to its fullest, and making the most of everything! So I am going to make the most of my year as Miss North Carolina International 2009, enjoy my experiences and opprotunies with me as I go on this amazing journey!










The Pageant was awesome! We had such a great time, these are some pictures from the Pageant weekend, of me and these LOVELY ladies!! They were all amazing young women!! I was crowned on Saturday Feb. 28, 2009 and on March 1st, my first day as the new NC state titleholder I had a photo shoot with the amazing Donald Latham, and my new beautiful sister queens...LaDaria and Christina!!! Then my first appearance was on the Morning Show with WFMY 2, I was a special guest and talked about my platform on March 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment