Sunday, March 22, 2009

Speaking Engagement In Durham, NC







On Tuesday March 17, I traveled to Durham on behalf of my University for an event with our Chancellor. I met some alumni and staff, as well as board members at UNC Greensboro. The event was recognizing and honoring our new Chancellor Linda Brady. As well as highlighting a student! I was honored that student was me! The event was at an alumni's house in Durham, whose picture I have posted with this, as well as pictures while I am speaking! I had a great time, I was introduced by the Chancellor and spoke about my choice for switching from NCSU to UNCG and my accomplishments since then! One of which was being crowned Miss North Carolina International. I highlighted my platform and my new partnership with the Volunteer Center in Greensboro which is a national affiliate with Hands On Network and Points of Light Foundation. "I feel very honored, and blessed to represent my state at the National Pageant and advocate volunteerism!" When I left, I was told that in fact they felt motivated to go to the one of eight volunteer centers in the state and find a volunteer opprotunity that fits them just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment