Monday, August 10, 2009

Miss International 2009

I hope everyone enjoys seeing all the great pictures from the national competition in Chicago!  I want to Thank everyone for all their help!! I couldn't have done it without all the support from my family and my friends- and the prayers! Of course I have to thank my heavenly father without him, nothing would be possible.  First of all-my Mom for being there through the whole thing and making it possible to even compete!  She was my rock that week, without her being there and to help do my hair (ha ha)I would have been lost! Mom, I can't thank you enough, you gave me life and you help me to prosper. You are an amazing woman and you have set such a great example for me on how to live my life, I owe you so much.  I just hope that one day I am half the person you are now, thank you for everything you have and are doing for me, I truly couldn't do it without you. i love you so much. Also my Dad and sister for helping me and being there at the Pageant! I love you more all more than anything.
JOY- you were terrific and congrats on Director of the Year! You do an amazing amazing amazing job with the NC team!  We are so lucky to have you by our side and as a friend, well more like family now!!!  I love you!
LaDaria- you are a beautiful woman on the inside and out!!  Thank you for helping me prepare for the pageant and what to expect! Christina and Wendy-I had a blast with you all week (ya'll are a hoot!)  there wasn't a dull moment that is for sure right down to the burnt popcorn!!!  Christina I am so proud of you, girlfriend you did an awesome job!!  Keep up the great work on your platform, I know your sister would be so proud of you and all your doing to help other children who are going through what she went through.  Progress will be made because of all you are doing for her cause.  You are an inspiration.  
To my family and friends who came to see me at the pageant, and to EVERYONE who helped me make it there (I wish I could list all of you, but the list would go on and on) I feel so blessed to have so many amazing friends and family in my life that make me feel so special and loved, thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  I won Favorite Online Contestant thanks to all of you voting online to help me, so for that among the thousands of things you have all done for me now and over the years-I am forever grateful.  I love each and everyone of you.
To the International Pageant System and Staff, and the Richardson family- I have never felt so at home with any pageant until now.  Thank you for your hospitality during the competition and the entire year, you all have done an amazing job and are too kind.  Thank you for your help and for a great experience.  The Production staff and the Pageant staff were top notch!  It was an honor to compete!   I hope to see you all again very soon!  You have an amazing Miss International 2009 and I can't wait to see all the wonderful things she will do with her platform!  Most importantly thank you for making it possible for all the state titleholders to make a difference through their platforms!  There really cannot be a better system and a better staff or director than this one!!  I love you all, and have felt as if I have known you my whole life, I cannot say thank you enough!
To all of the wonderful contestants and new friends I now have from Chicago-oh my gosh you girls were all just fabulous!  Thank you for the memories and the pictures we all took! I left Chicago feeling like I had had the absolute best time and that would not have been the case if I hadn't met each and everyone of you!  To my three musketeers-you girls are awesome, I love you!  I was so honored to compete with all of you from all over the world who have done so many wonderful things in your state and your communities!  Keep up the great work in your platforms!  Each state I know is proud to have you all as a representative, you are all so beautiful, nice and accomplished, and you are all making a difference in our world!  
To Jayna, Former Miss International 2008, you are one of the most beautiful women I have ever been privileged to meet.  You have such a kind heart and I saw that all week, you just loved people and we all loved you!  You set the standards high for all of us, and I can't thank you enough for doing that.  You have such an impact on all of us, I know you had one on me.  You have truly made a difference in so many lives and I thank you for your hard work and for being such a beautiful person-inside and out.  Thank you for making this week a great week for all of us!
To Erin-our new Miss International 2009!  You did a FABULOUS job!!  They couldn't have picked a more deserving winner!  Thank you for helping me get ready backstage-my hair would have been a mess if it weren't for you!  I hope you make to most of your year and have a great time doing so!  You will make strides for Go Red for Women and you are a beautiful queen- and I couldn't be happier for you!  I was honored to be in the Top Ten Finalists next to you!  I will never forget your crowning moment, congratulations for your great week in Chicago!  
To the Volunteer Center, Hands on Network, POL, and all of the amazing non-profits(Make-A-Wish, Big Brothers, Big Sisters; USO of NC; Special Olympics of NC; Habitat for Humanity;Urban Ministries, Red Dog Farm, and so many others!!!) I have had the privilege of working with since being crowned Miss North Carolina it is an honor to continue helping promote my platform as Miss NC and as Julie.  This has been the most amazing year and it will only get better from here.  I look forward to all the future events and work we will do together. I really believe in all we are doing to promote volunteering and making a difference, together we have made a difference.  Thank you for the wonderful opportunity.  
SO-I am sure I might have left out some thank yous-and if I did I am so sorry but just know that  I can't say enough thank yous to everyone who has helped me get to this point!  I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart.  This has been the most amazing experience, and I have loved every minute!  thank you, thank you all for everything.  

Stay Tuned for more exciting events coming up!!!  Check the state blog as well for event dates and updates on appearances!  

No comments:

Post a Comment