Tuesday, April 7, 2009

*A Benefit for CORA*

The Beautiful Christina, Miss Teen NC!
The MC's of the Talent Show


Christina's Brother teaching me to do the SALSA!



Singing for Cora!






Cora’s Benefit Talent Show and Hot Dog Dinner
4/4/2009
Christina and I headed out to high point, NC to attend a benefit talent show helping medical costs on Christina’s family after the passing of her 3 year old sister from cancer. It began at about 5pm at their church, and many young people performed their talents in front of a crowd of about 200 people. Among the singers, I was one of them! I was told the Little Mermaid was one of Cora Bell’s favorite movies, so I sang Part of Your World in dedication to Cora and her memory! I also told everyone how lucky I am to have Christina and her family in my life! I am so proud of my Teen Sister Queen, she got up and talked to the crowd in front of all her friends and family in spite of her tears, and she, her family, and her late sister will serve as an inspiration to all of us with their courage and love! I also got to see her brother Derek do a salsa dance with one of the MC’s and it was fantastic! All together the friends of theirs who put on this benefit raised about $1,000 dollars to help alleviate some of the medical costs they had. More importantly with all the love and support for this family during such a hard time was one of the best outcomes of this evening! Thank you Christina for asking me to be a part of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment