Wednesday, April 1, 2009

***DC TRIP***











Trip to Washington DC 3/24/09

I took a trip to Washington DC, and met with Senator Richard Burr (R-NC), Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) and 6th District Congressman Howard Coble (R-NC) in there offices on Capitol Hill. I spoke with them on my political history, and about my platform. I was even briefed on a Volunteer Bill! I met with Congressman Coble first, and saw his staff (I used to Intern in his office)! Then I went to Senator Hagan’s office, she is also from Greensboro, and I met with a very special person, COL Edward Kertis or the US Army Corps of Engineers in her office, he was terrific!
Lastly, I spent an hour or more in Senator Burr’s office speaking with him and his Press Secretary as well as sitting in with them on a radio interview from Raleigh, NC! I had pictures taken with all of them, as well as press releases, as soon as I receive them I will get them posted!!! To top off a wonderful day we were given players club tickets to the Britney Spears concert at Verizon Center in downtown DC! We had a great time, it was a great show, and the seats were fantastic! We sat in big leather recliners, and in front of stone fireplaces! It was amazing, and we had a great trip but were glad to be back in NC!
Pictures from the meetings coming soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment