Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MAKE-A-WISH at OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE




Make-A-Wish Fundraiser Luncheon 3/26/2009

Make-A-Wish of Central Carolina, the NC Chapter had a fundraiser for their Wish Kids and the organization! I went to help! Despite the pouring rain people came in large numbers to any of the 4 Outback locations in the Piedmont! I went to the Outback on Battleground, Channel 2 and 14 were there. I also met the founder of the chapter (he is in the picture) Dr. Jerry Clark! Make-A-Wish game me a T-shirt to wear to their Walk for Wishes later this month! All the people that came to the luncheon paid $20 and $14 of that went to Make-a-Wish from 11am till 2pm! I think it was a great success! I am so happy to be a part of this organization, through my platform of advocating volunteerism and as a spokesperson for the Volunteer Center! We are lucky to be able to work with organizations like Make-A-Wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment