Wednesday, May 20, 2009

BBBS
















5/15/2009
12:30PM-2:30PM
Falkener Elementary School EOG PEP RALLEY

On my normally scheduled day to go visit my “little” James, I was asked to speak and encourage the children in the third through fifth grade students getting ready to take their end of grade tests! With some of the lower income students, they have a harder time reaching testing scores and goals so they have a program to help with building the self esteem of the children who are taking the test!! Then after the assembly, they walk through the halls of the kindergarten through 2nd grade students who have made signs, and chants for them and who are cheering them on to do well on their tests!!! The Principal asked me to say a few words and answer questions for the kids, so that’s what I did! I told them to eat a good breakfast, and to study hard, ask questions, rely on their teachers and families to help them, as well as work hard and get a good nights rest before they take the test! I know each and every one of them will do well; after all I made them scream it to me that they would do AWESOME!! And that the EOG test was not going to get the best of them!!!! It was a lot of fun and I had some great questions….including “do you have a boyfriend?” (ha ha) My Little got to go to the assembly with me and walk through the halls of all the cute children waiting! As I walked through the halls I was greeted by so many talented, smart, beautiful children who were very excited I was there! I was in tears, and so honored to be there meeting all of these future doctors, teachers, scientists, actors, pilots and the limitless possibilities and opportunities for occupations they have to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment