Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MAKE A WISH CELEBRITY SERVE PART 2
















May 12, 2009
Dinnertime Celebrity Serve for Make A Wish Foundation

We did the same Celebrity Serve for dinner in the Piedmont Triad! I went to three locations as a volunteer, and helped! I guess my lunch serving determined my status for dinner…I didn’t serve any dinner!! (ha ha ha)! But I did have a wonderful time at TRIPPS, GATE CITY CHOP HOUSE, and 1618 WEST SEAFOOD GRILLE! I went and spent time with some other celebrities like TV personalities: Cindy Farmer and Lanie Pope! I was briefly interrupted, and had to run to campus and take a final exam for a communication class! Afterwards, I was right back on the road! At 1618, I got the pleasure of meeting up with the founder of the Chapter, Dr. Clark; and his family! His daughter Cameron and her husband, I have learned so much from watching them and their work with Make a Wish! I did a little serving, and put in a few orders, and cleaned a few tables! I grew a deeper appreciation for the staff at all the restaurants we go to! I also met two great volunteers, Joe and Kristen who volunteer with the organization regularly! They did a great job of staying at the locations and making sure everything went smoothly! I thank everyone for making a difference through this event! At 1618, we raised over $1,000 in tips alone, throughout the entire event we raised enough money for one wish! We raised about $6,000 dollars and we are still counting! It felt great to be able to raise that money for these children! I was so honored to help! My waitressing skills need some work though =) Next year is going to be an even bigger success with the 2nd annual Celebrity Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment