Tuesday, May 5, 2009

**COPS ON TOP**







Sherriff BJ!!!








Friday April 24, 2009
Volunteer Breakfast at Falkener for Big Brothers/Big Sisters 9am-10am
Then Chick-fil-a at Friendly with Guilford County Sherriff’s Department and Cops on Tops to fundraise for the Special Olympics of NC! I met a special Olympic athlete helping with the fundraiser who had over 150 medals from competing with SONC for over 20 years! The G.C.S.D. was the biggest fundraiser for SONC last year with over $160,000 dollars! I met so many people, and I even got on the roof and danced with people in the drive through line to get donations! My great friend, Stephanie and her mom asked me to help with this and they were there helping too! It is through great volunteers like that who really help volunteer efforts with the nonprofits that I work with through the volunteer center! I met the lieutenant of the Greensboro Police Department, and Sherriff BJ Barnes was there eating lunch to support this great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment