Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Plane Pull Raleigh
















Saturday April 25, 2009
Raleigh, NC SONC Plane Pull Event 9am-3pm
My Mom and I traveled to RDU and UPS tarmac in our state’s capital! With the volunteer Center they help non profit organizations like the Special Olympics, so I was there to help pull a plane to benefit SONC! I met “Trouble” the K-9 who sniffs for bombs, he was a lab! Then I met the President of SONC, and I was pulling the plane with his team at 10am! It took us 18.9 seconds for 5 of us to pull a 30,000 pound American Airlines Plane on the tarmac! I met so many teams of people and my new friend Ryan! There were a few thousand people there and they usually raise $125,000 dollars for SONC to help with the travel and competition for their summer games in June of this year! I got some great pictures from this event, it was a beautiful day! Congrats to all the teams, families and businesses who came out to support such a great organization and awesome job to all the finalists (who I couldn’t believe pulled that plane in less than 10 seconds—amazing)!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment