Wednesday, May 20, 2009

MAKE A WISH CELEBRITY SERVE
















May 12, 2009
Lunchtime Celebrity Serve for Make A Wish Foundation

As a volunteer with Make a Wish Foundation, through the Volunteer Center, I was asked to be a “Celebrity Server” for their 1st annual celebrity serve in the Greensboro area! They usually have one in Winston Salem to benefit the central Carolina chapter annually, and this past year Make a Wish was able to raise almost $15,000 for wishes for the kids through this event! So for the first part of the event, I was at Beef O Brady’s on North Elm Street in Greensboro. I served lunch with 104.1WTQR radio personality Angie Ward. Never being a waitress before, I had help from the wonderful Jennifer! I learned the ropes of the restaurant business! I met not only some incredible people but also some wish families! I was even treated to lunch by the amazing director of the chapter: Don! We talked about the foundation and volunteering, and I learned that it was through service like what he has done that make such a huge difference in the Volunteer world! He told me some touching stories, and I learned what an inspiration he is! Hearing his work and why he volunteers was a great example of what service, sacrifice and generosity through volunteering is!

No comments:

Post a Comment