Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big Brothers and Big Sisters with The Volunteer Center







Friday May 1st, 2009
Falkener Elementary School Big Brothers/Big Sisters “Thank You” Lunch

I started out in the Class Act Program, mentoring a child, my little brother, as I have mentioned previously. I did this because I was inspired by the call to service and the MCP Program. I continue to be inspired by the work that Youth Focus is doing to help the children around our area! As a mentor, we had a special day where we were recognized along with our “little” for another great year!! We had a pizza party together with some of the other volunteer’s and their little’s! We also started a pen pal system with our little brothers and sisters so we could stay in touch with them over the summer months!!! It was such a fun time we got to share with everyone, especially our little brothers and sisters!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment