Wednesday, May 20, 2009

HOMETOWN DAY
















5/16/2009
Summerfield Founder’s Day & Parade

My hometown had founder’s day, and a large parade to commemorate the founding of Summerfield! I was in the parade with over 200 other entries! It was such a nice day, I saw my old elementary school gym teacher (who reminded me the first day of school I told him I didn’t like to run!) and my favorite high school principal and his family! I saw the boy scouts, and recreational cheerleaders, my United States Congressman Howard Coble, district court judges and NC state house and senate members, as well as so many other wonderful people! The cheerleading team I used to coach: Northern High School, they were there along with their marching band and athletes! It was a very exciting parade! After the parade I walked around, Luigi’s of Summerfield provided lunch for me! I spoke with Red Dog Farm about helping with their pet adoption fairs, and I also met some wonderful Veterans who fought for our country! There were a few thousand people, and I met so many wonderful Summerfield residents! I was proud to be a part of that Summerfield family and participate in my hometown event! I made a special trip to the downtown Bryan YMCA for their 20th year celebration; they had food, kids and bands playing to commemorate that special event! I concluded my day by going to the Greensboro Grasshoppers Game where my grandfather sang the National Anthem with the Tarheel men’s choir!

No comments:

Post a Comment